My name is Jonna and I suffer from TWN. Traveling While Natural. As a blogger and brand ambassador for EDEN BodyWorks, I’m on the road a lot. Traveling up and down the East Coast for events is fun, but it’s also a lot of work. Over the last year, I’ve truly discovered what ‘pack light’ really means. When naturalists hit the road, the high seas, the train tracks or the friendly skies, the stress of traveling along with possible changes in the environment can affect our hair. Having products you can trust in your suitcase is imperative. Trying to narrow it down to your absolute must haves can be daunting, especially when a wash day may be included in your trip.
No matter how you travel, most of us only have a limited amount of space in our suitcases, or for our suitcases in general. If your mode of transportation charges fees for the amount or weight of your luggage, packing several full-size products may just not be an option. Who wants to choose between their favorite conditioner and their favorite shoes? I know I don’t! Fortunately, many natural hair brands are catering to those who deal with TWN by providing sample size sets of their products, perfect for travel. Here’s a list of 11 travel size sets from some of the most popular natural hair brands.
1. Koils By Nature Sample Pack, $25. Contains 2oz Moisturizing Shaeloe Leave In Conditioner, Hydrating Shealoe Creamy Conditioner, Nourishing Hair & Body Butter of your choice, and Soothing Herbal Gel of your choice.
2. Entwine Couture Audition Set, $29.99. Contains 1oz “The Clique” Cleansing + Conditioning Duo, 1oz “Afrodisia 9” Exotique Leave-In Hair Potion, 0.5oz “The Manipulator” Creme Jelle Styler, 0.5oz “Indulgently Luxe” Exotique Butter Creme Hydrator, 0.25oz “Total Perfection” Raw + Vegan Argan Oil.
3. TGIN Moist Collection Sample Pack, $19.99. Contains 2oz Sulfate Free Shampoo, Triple Moisture Rich Conditioner, Honey Miracle Hair Mask, and Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer.
4. OBIA Natural Hair Care Trial Pack, $10. Contains 2oz Curl Moisture Cream, Curl Enhancing Pudding, and the Curl Hydration.
5. Wondercurl Travel Kit, $22. Contains 2oz Get Set Hair Jelly, Get Slick Hair Smoothie, Butter than Love Hair Pudding and Butter than Love Hair Whipped.
6. Hydratherma Naturals Travel Kit, $49.98. Contains 2oz SLS Free Moisture Plus Hair Cleanser, Moisture Boosting Shampoo, Herbal / Amino Clarifying Shampoo, Moisture Boosting Deep Conditioning Treatment, Amino Plus Protein Deep Conditioning Treatment, Moisture / Protein Balance Leave-In Conditioner, Follicle Mist, Botanical Defining Gel, Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion, and Hair Growth Oil.
7. Oyin Handmade 5 Piece Snack Set, $23.99. Contains 2oz Honey Hemp Conditioner, Greg Juice leave-in spray, Shine & Define coaxing serum, and Hair Dew creamy leave-in, as well as the full sized 1-oz Mini Burnt Sugar pomade.
8. Curly Hair Solutions The Tight Curl Starter Kit, $32. Contains 3oz Curl Keeper, 3oz EXTENZZ, 2oz Silk Shampoo, 2oz Pure Silk Protein, and 2oz Silk Leave-In Conditioner.
9. As I Am Coils & Curls Care Package, $23.99. Contains 3oz Coconut CoWash, Leave-In Conditioner, Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner, Curling Jelly, Twist Defining Cream and DoubleButter Cream
10. Kinky-Curly Travel Kit, $24. Contains 2oz Come Clean Shampoo, 2oz Knot Today Conditioner, 2oz Spiral Spritz and a 3.4oz jar of Curling Custard.
11. Miss Jessie’s Deluxe Value Kit, $64. Contains 2oz Curly Pudding, Unscented Curly Pudding, Curly Meringue, Baby Buttercreme, Curly Buttercreme, Rapid Recovery, Stretch Silkening Creme, Quick Curls, Super Sweetback, 1oz Creme de la Curl Cleansing Creme and Creme de la Creme Conditioner, and 1 Superslip Sudsy Shampoo packet.
There is something for everyone regardless of your hair texture and curl pattern, from a variety of brands, in TSA friendly sizes. Having these travel size products available from amazing brands ensures that you have just what you need to keep your hair in great shape while you’re out of town. Just because you are traveling doesn’t mean your hair has to suffer with these kits.
Which travel kit do you plan to pack on your next trip? Is there a brand that we missed that sells travel kits? Let us know in the comments below!