Making my way down the oil aisle in my local grocery store, I looked around for my go-to oil. But wait? What’s this? Apricot oil? I’ve seen you before, but what do you do? Can I use you for my hair? How do you feel against my skin? I was having a moment and had major questions that needed answers! I just had to know more about this mystery oil! Here’s what I found:
Hailing from Southeast Asia, this oil is known for its lightweight consistency and having no odor. Commonly referred to as apricot kernel oil, it is derived from the dried seeds of the apricot and contains large amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E as well as dietary fiber and potassium (the big K).
Benefits & Uses
The benefits and uses for this oil are plentiful! Check this out:
- When ingested, apricot oil fights against blood pressure, arthritis, colds and flu and has the benefit of Vitamin B17, which helps to prevent cancer.
- Apricot oil contains gamma linoleic acid, which aids in skin firming and toning when applied directly to the trouble area.
- Combined with brown sugar, apricot oil can be used as a skin scrub to get rid of those dead cells and dry skin, renewing your complexion. Just. Like. That!
- Apricot oil can be used straight out of the bottle and applied to skin as a great moisturizing agent. Feeling fancy? Whip it with your favorite butters and oils to create the perfect whipped hair or body butter to keep dry scalp and skin away (great for those who suffer from eczema or dandruff).
- Create an oil mixture with apricot oil being your base and add a few of your favorite essential oils to use for a relaxing scalp massage.
- Have your skin glowing from the inside out by using apricot oil as a cooking oil or add this light oil to your favorite salad dressing recipe for added health benefits.
- If you love using hair dye or have naturally dry hair, use apricot oil on your strands as a pre-poo and let it work its moisturizing magic on your hair!
As with anything you do with your body, please consult a physician before using this oil.
Tell us how much you love apricot oil in the comment section below! If you have never used it before, will you be trying it?