This month, 4C Hair Chicks is focusing on Father’s Love. As a self-proclaimed daddy’s girl, I know how much the love and support from a father (or father figure) means to a daughter. When many of us started to consider going back to wearing our natural hair, there was some concern about how the men in our lives, now and in the future, would respond to it. If you’re single – no matter your age – then your father’s opinion might be the one you rely on the most. As fathers, you want your daughter to feel like she is the most beautiful girl in the world. What you think about her natural hair is a part of that.
Are you a father who has a daughter with natural hair, or who wants to start a natural hair journey? Are you a daughter whose father is supportive of your natural hair journey? If so, check out this Fathers and Natural Hair Tag video featuring me and my Dad! Grab your father (or fathers, grab your daughter), and make your own video sharing your story.
Father Daughter Hair Tag Video Questions:
- What were your thoughts when Mom first relaxed my hair?
- Would you have felt the same if you had the resources available now back then?
- Did you like my Big Chop? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite hairstyle?
- What is your least favorite hairstyle?
- What would you do if I decided to relax my hair?
Share this video with natural hair friends. Lets get fathers and daughters to converse about natural hair!